SpaFinder recommends satisfying your afternoon sweet tooth with Promax Fit ‘n Crisp
from Promax Fitness Ambassador, Joel Harper
1. Body Fat Competition. Gather some friends, have one expert take the measurements and see who can lose the most inches in one month. Set the wager and the winner takes all!
2. Wash your car by hand. Don’t have a car? Neither do I. Join a local charity that is hosting a car wash to raise money. It is a great way to tone your arms and get those squats in, while you do some good and meet new people.
3. Push-Up/Sit-Up Contest. 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups is the goal. Gather those friends again, and when you can’t do anymore push-ups, switch to sit-ups. But… whoever switches the LEAST… wins!
4. Are you thinking of going Greener? Take your “Green Living” to a whole new level and participate in an eco-friendly event. Swim, run, ride and recycle! Look for an eco-friendly event in your area here.
5. Hire an expert personal trainer. It is worth every penny. Have them to take you through their most intense workout. This will get you OUT of your comfort zone, break up your routine and get you IN shape.
6. The Imaginary Chair Contest. See who can sit the longest. Make sure your legs are in right angles and you are against a sturdy wall. This is a great way to find out who’s the warrior. You may be surprised!
7. Join a team in a favorite sport that you haven’t played in a while. It is a fantastic way to create a community by finding people who like to be pushed to the next level. Every city has social events and they are very easy to find online.
8. Take a dance class. It can work muscales that have been dormant, improve your coordination, and you can break a serious sweat.
9. Run or ride your bike between errands. Make a list of all those “TO-DOs” that you can get done by running/riding from one to the next. Grab your favorite Promax bar, backpack and get going!
10. Take your weekly catch-up with friends outside. Rather than chatting inside on the phone or couch, take a walk or jog together and catch up!
from Promax DOer Kacie Cleveland
Bad weather can raise the temptation of settling indoors with a tasty beverage and maybe some pizza. Instead, grab your towel and head to the nearest gym to get in a fast, full-body, indoor workout from professional athlete and Promax DOer Kacie Cleveland.
Start with 20 min of intervals on a stationary bike, adjusting the gear and speed to make your sprints more intense.
- For 4 minutes: pedal fast (keeping RPM over 80)
- For 10 minutes: alternate between 1 minute SPRINT and 1 minute quick PEDAL (not too slowly)
- For 6 minutes: alternate between 30 second SPRINT and 1 minute quick pedal
PART TWO: 5 Rounds of 20
1. WALKING LUNGES Starting with your right leg, lunge far enough forward so your right knee is directly above your right heel. Lower your hips keeping your spine straight and chest up. Keeping your weight on your right heel, bring your left leg up and in one continuous motion, lunge your left leg forward, repeating the process until you complete 20 on each leg.
2. PUSH UPS Keep neck in line with your spine and lower full body until chest touches floor. Drop down to your knees if back begins to arch.
3. BOX JUMPS Jump up onto a box or bench, standing all the way up at the top before stepping or jumping back down.
4. LAZY BURPEES Stand with feet hip-width apart and place hands on the ground, jump both feet back into plank position and quickly back under your hips landing on your heels. Finish by jumping into the air. Complete as quickly as possible.
5. REVERSE CRUNCHES Lay on your back with legs up and knees bent at 90 degrees. Drive knees towards your chest raising hips off of the ground and slowly lower back down.