The Top 10 Easiest Ways to Lose Weight
With all the food, family and parties packed into such a short time period, achieving balance during the upcoming holiday season can be tough for anyone. And it’s no secret, during this time of year, women are often the driver for making the holidays “sparkle” for their families, which can put fitness on the backburner. The Women’s Strength Nation™ movement is all about improving a woman’s health through strength training and conditioning, as well as nutrition. These tools can help women discover and cultivate a deeper sense of physical, personal and spiritual strength – who couldn’t use more of that this time of year?
Before we’re in the midst of the holiday season, take time to create an action plan to make sure you won’t run out of time for your sweat sessions. Scheduling workouts by writing them into your calendar can be helpful. I like to plan workouts first thing in the morning, and it also gives me energy I can use all day long! Find times that make sense and are realistic for you. Remember, if you prioritize a little bit of time for yourself, you’ll have more of yourself to give to your loved ones. Your strength-training program will give you the added resilience, stamina and personal strength that you’ll want during the chaos of the season. Take a minute now to write out a reasonable fitness plan that you can adhere to for the next 60 days.
Additionally, if you’re not able to take time out and sit down to a well-balanced meal, eating a Promax LS (Lower Sugar) Low Net Carb bar is an easy way to re-fuel on the go, especially during holiday shopping. With only 3 grams of sugar, it’s a satisfying alternative to typical fast food options, and, they come in two delicious flavors: Honey Peanut and Chocolate Mint! Staying fit and eating right will give you the strength (literally) to handle all that comes your way this season, and help you start the New Year putting your best foot forward.
Working out — we all need to do it, and in many cases, we avoid it. Working out is strenuous exercise, but the benefits are unbeatable. Healthy protein bars like the ones we offer can assist in reaching your goals, but you also have to do some actual work to see results. If you are finally ready to start working out regularly, or if you already work out, but want to make your sessions better, here are some tips from Promax to help you make the most of your sweat session.
- Fuel your body the right way before and after your workout. You may not realize it, but properly fueling your body is going to help you achieve maximum results with your workout. Before working out, you want to make sure your body has enough fuel to power through the workout without causing digestive upset. After, you want to make sure that your body reaps the benefits of the workout by refueling with foods that assimilate into your body quickly.
- Change things up and stay focused. When you’re working out, change your speed and intensity levels. This gives your muscles the variety they need to stimulate progress. Make sure you stay focused during your workout too, because there is a connection between the mind and the body — staying focused on what you are doing and the areas of your body being addressed can help you achieve the best results.
- Cycle your workouts between moderate and hard effort levels. Your muscles will see the most results if you lift heavy weights for a few weeks, then go back to a lighter set of weights for one week. Variety is the spice of life, so give your muscles a break and still reap the rewards.
- Save the stretching for after you are finished. Instead of stretching before a workout, do it after you are done. Your muscles are warmed up and ready to stretch, increasing your flexibility. Stretching beforehand can actually make you a bit weaker and hinder your workout results.
- Make room for heat. Whether it’s a sauna or a hot tub, if you can find the time to sit in the warmth after a workout, your body will enjoy the benefits. Different studies have demonstrated that heat exposure after a workout can increase your overall muscle mass over time. Even though the increase is a small percentage, every little bit counts, right?
- Keep your form. When working out, make sure your body form is perfect. The last thing you want to do is wind up targeting a different area of your body because your form is off. Even worse, if your form isn’t right, you run the risk of injury, which will only set your workout goals back even further.
Making the most of a workout isn’t hard. You can always seek the advice of a personal trainer at your gym for even more workout tips. As you work out, just keep one thing in mind — the results may not come easily, but they will be worth every bit of effort.
For more information about fueling your body, contact us here at Promax Nutrition.
Image courtesy of pippalou @ morguefile.com