It’s time to get smart about building muscle. By getting the ball rolling with the right muscle hypertrophy training methods, and the use of protein bars to rebuild muscle, you can quickly see a big difference in your muscle mass and strength.
Muscle hypertrophy occurs whenever muscle cells grow and increase. When someone exercises a muscle, a jump in nerve impulses occurs that causes muscle contraction. This yields strength gains at first, and, later, results in increases in muscle size.
Muscle hypertrophy training typically refers to an exercise program intended to quickly gain muscle mass. This training focuses on physiological principles of hypertrophy and how to best exercise them in order to induce muscle growth.
There are four essential principles of hypertrophy training:
- Mechanical load – This refers to the tension loading of muscles through exercise.
- Acute vs. chronic stimuli – For mechanical loading to result in quick muscle growth, the stimulus applied to the muscles must occur on a regular basis. When undergoing hypertrophic training, exercise enthusiasts will need a regular schedule of exercise and recovery to obtain a successful result.
- Progressive load – In time, your muscle tissue will adapt and become resistant to the mechanical load you’ve been exposing it to. When this occurs, hypertrophy will halt. For continued results, the mechanical load you place upon the muscles must increase over time.
- Strategic deconditioning – This is another tactic for dealing with the halt in hypertrophy that can occur when the muscle tissue adapts to progressive load. In strategic deconditioning, you decrease the muscles’ conditioning to the load you’re applying.
Tips for Success
If you’re getting started with hypertrophy training, these tips can help increase your odds of success:
- Commitment – To get the best results from hypertrophy training, you’ll need to carve time out of your schedule for regular training. Hypertrophy training requires a lot of work and a regular schedule, so you need a high level of dedication to regular workouts.
- Deadlifting is your friend – The deadlift is a great exercise for pushing your body to grow. When you lift, make sure you keep proper form. Maintain a flat back and neutral head position so you exercise your glutes, leg muscles, and lower back.
- Pound some protein – Getting plenty of protein before and after your workout will help in your recovery, as protein is essential to building muscle. Experts recommend consuming 20 grams of protein before a workout and 40 to 60 grams afterward. Gluten free protein bars are a great way to supply this nutritional need.
- Push yourself – Take very limited rests while in the gym. Keep pushing yourself to use deep fibers in the muscles to deal with the weight load. This intense workout will help stimulate the muscles to grow more readily than a more leisurely paced exercise routine.
Promax Nutrition gives people who want better bodies the protein, vitamins, and minerals they need in delicious, gluten-free, vegetarian protein bars. Promax has a wide range of delicious products, with one sure to please any palate.