Losing weight is one of the most challenging tasks to undertake. Sure, you can grab a protein bar here and there, take a walk around the block a few times a week, and pray for miracles. But if you don’t commit yourself to the weight loss process, you will never have success. It takes willpower and determination to successfully shed pounds. Promax is here to help you get started on the path to a healthy, fit body with 12 diet changes you can make today.
- Eat more often. Instead of grabbing 1 or 2 large meals each day, keep your metabolism running with 6 small meals every day.
- Stop the soda. These delightful, carbonated beverages are loaded with sugar, which will find its way to your waist. Opt for water every chance that you can for the best weight loss results.
- Savor protein. Protein helps your body feel full faster, so make it a daily part of your diet. You can find protein in our bars, or you can opt for protein-rich foods.
- Keep it moving. When you can walk instead of driving, do it. You need as much movement during your day as possible. Even if it is just a brisk walk around the block after work, make sure you incorporate activity into your daily schedule.
- Get rest. A good night’s sleep is essential to a healthy body and mind. Make sure you get your required amount of sleep, usually about 8 hours.
- Load up on veggies. Instead of sweet snacks for your cravings, stock up on veggies. You can buy them bite-size, or you can save money, and cut them yourself. Just make sure they are ready to eat when hunger strikes.
- Spice it up with salsa. Instead of reaching for the sour cream for your baked potato, opt for salsa instead. This is a tasty veggie treat that has fewer calories. You can spice up a variety of foods without adding too many calories.
- Brush, brush, brush. Brushing your teeth right after a meal helps rid your mouth of the after taste of yummy foods, which lessens your chances of going back for seconds.
- Use smaller plates. Instead of a large dinner plate, use a smaller dish for your meals. Your eyes will still see a full plate, but you will eat less food.
- Keep it brown. Whether it is brown rice or whole-grain, you need to switch out your white foods for brown ones. These darker alternatives are healthier and easy on the waist line.
- Use a list. Always make a list, and stick to it when shopping for groceries. This will help you avoid all those last-minute purchases, usually of sugary snacks.
- Shop right. Speaking of shopping, stick to the outer edges of the store, where you will find veggies, fruits, meats, and other healthy items. Interior aisles tend to be full of snacks and other treats.
If you want to learn more about healthy weight loss, contact us today at Promax.