Chocolate Protein Mousse #MAXMUNCHIES
Indulge in a to-die-for dessert without feeling all the guilt! This recipe for Chocolate Mousse is equally delicious and easily topped with a Promax Protein Bar for extra protein! Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Garnish: Whipped Cream & Promax Double Fudge Brownie Bar
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl with electric mixed on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually stir in at least half of the hot whipping cream into the egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in protein powder and cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into whipping cream. Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!