When you are trying to get into shape, you need more than just the best protein bar on the market. You need physical activity to keep your metabolism working hard to burn calories and rid your body of unwanted pounds. For many people, the problem isn't lack of motivation; the problem is lack of time. An hour's worth of exercise every day is the recommended amount, and it can be hard to find that kind of free time with today's busy lifestyles. Here are some ways you can get your daily amount of exercise in smaller chunks -- but with the same healthy benefits.
- Find ways to get moving. If you are home alone for the day, or even tending to a small child, you can easily find a few minutes to get in some physical activity. While your baby is napping, you can walk on your treadmill, or go out in the yard for a few laps. Make use of your stairs, too, by walking up and down them for several minutes during the day.
- When you are busy cooking dinner, do a few squats while you are in-between tasks. You can also do push-ups off the countertop. You can even turn on your favorite music, and dance your heart out to burn some calories -- and have a little fun!
- If you have kids, play with them! Not only is this a great way to get yourself moving, it's a great way to keep them moving and enjoying physical activity. Remember -- healthy habits are learned, so teach your children to run, jump, climb, ride bikes, shoot hoops, etc.
- If possible, walk to work every day or at least a few times each week. If your place of employment has an elevator, use the stairs. The more steps you take each day, the better.
- On your lunch break, forget the heavy meals. Instead, opt for a light snack, such as one of our tasty, protein bars. You will get the nutrients and the energy you need..
The most important thing you can remember is to move. When you can walk instead of drive, do it. When you can take the stairs, use them. Even something as simple as getting up, walking to the TV, and adjusting the volume on your own without a remote -- all of that counts as exercise.
In addition to moving every chance you get, eating right with lots of fresh veggies and fruits for snacks will help you get your body into shape. Eating several small meals and snacks each day is much better for your metabolism than eating one or two large, heavy meals. Of course, breakfast is still the most important meal of the day, so make sure you kick start your metabolism every morning with something light.
To learn more about proper nutrition and exercise to stay fit and healthy, contact us at Promax.