Exercise is a necessary part of a healthy lifestyle. Whether you are on a weight loss journey, trying to build muscle mass, or simply trying to maintain your current weight, you need physical activity. A strenuous workout is a great way to burn calories, build muscles, and get your body in shape. Eating right before and after a workout is also essential to healthy living. Here at Promax, we are committed to creating the best protein bars for before and after every workout. Our bars are healthy and contain a nice balance of necessary carbs, proteins, and other nutrients. Snacking on one of our bars before or after a workout is a great way to fuel and refuel your body. Here are some other tips for pre- and post-workout nutrition.
- Remember: your body needs fuel before a workout. You might think that working out without eating means burning more calories. However, your body is going to get the energy it needs from somewhere, which means you could tap into muscle mass if you work out without fueling first.
- Before a workout, avoid a big, heavy meal. That is just more calories added to your diet and slows digestion keeping needed energy from your muscles. Instead, opt for something light and easy to digest, such as one of our bars. Similar to our bars, you want to include proteins and carbs, so some other good options include hard boiled eggs, low fat milk, bananas, brown rice, oatmeal, and apples.
- During your workout, it is important to stay hydrated. Keep water on hand and sip throughout your workout as you sweat those calories away. Since you have fueled your body the right way with a pre workout snack, you should be ready to maintain steady energy throughout the workout, so just remember to stay hydrated with pure, clean water.
- After your workout, your body needs refueling. The best time to refuel your body is right after you complete the workout. Again, one of our protein bars is a great choice. Packed with a nice balance of proteins, carbs, and nutrients, our bars will give your body the fuel it needs to restock energy stores and repair any potential muscle damage. You can then continue to refuel with other things as the day goes on. Some suggestions include: low fat proteins, multi-grain bread, healthy fats like olive oil and nut butters, steamed veggies, salad, and brown rice.
- Experiment with your nutrition before and after a workout. Research the different foods and discover which ones work best for your body and fitness energy needs. If ever in doubt, don't be afraid to talk to your gym instructor or even your physician for ideas. It is possible to use engineered foods to fuel and refuel workouts but still enjoy real food, so find different recipes and give them a try.
Keeping your body fueled is a necessary part of fitness success. Exactly how you fuel your body depends on your personal preferences, workout needs and digestive profile. Our bars are not only packed with protein and essential nutrients, but they also pack a yummy flavor, to keep your taste buds happy, as well as your body.
Contact us at Promax today to learn more about our protein bars and how they can help you keep your body fueled.
Photo courtesy of Tallia22@freeimages.com