1. Give yourself an incentiveIt's tough to work out consistently because it can take months to see noticeable results. So, instead of waiting around for that time to come, treat yourself for working out along the way! Here are a few ways you can reward yourself for getting some exercise in:
- Tell yourself that, if you work out for at least an hour every day this week, you'll buy some fancy new workout clothes this weekend.
- Every time you exercise, enjoy a delicious (and nutritious!) protein bar. It's a great way to have a snack without countering the effects of your workout, and it will give you something to look forward to!
- Once you reach one of your major goals (weight loss, losing inches in your waist), treat yourself to a day at the spa.
2. Remind yourself why you want to work outWhether you're getting in shape for your wedding, trying to slim down to combat health problems, or simply want to feel better about your appearance, think about the reason you're working out. Remind yourself of that reason every day so you can keep in mind how awesome you'll look and feel when you reach your goal!
3. Join a classMaybe you don't like working out because your find it boring. Well, if that's the case, it's time to try a new workout method! Consider joining a fun class, like boxing, hip-hop dance, or yoga to get your exercise in without getting tired of it.
4. Take your workout one step at a timeIf you go into your workout thinking about how long it's going to take and how many different exercises you'll have to do, you'll easily become demotivated. What you should do instead is think of your workout in small sections. For example, when you start, just think about the first workout you're going to do. When you're done with that workout, focus only on the next one. Seeing the workout as small steps will make it feel less like one huge, exhausting obstacle.
5. Sign up for a 5K race
Running in a 5K race is a great way to get some extra motivation to work out, especially if you're the competitive type! There's nothing quite like racing other people for a medal, and you may find that you enjoy running more than you think. If you're not much of a runner, bring some friends along and have them walk or jog the course with you. That way, you'll still get a workout in and get to be around other people who prioritize fitness!
And if you're looking for a great post-workout, protein-filled snack, consider Promax protein bars. For more information about Promax, check out our product page or our blog!