Working out -- we all need to do it, and in many cases, we avoid it. Working out is strenuous exercise, but the benefits are unbeatable. Healthy protein bars like the ones we offer can assist in reaching your goals, but you also have to do some actual work to see results. If you are finally ready to start working out regularly, or if you already work out, but want to make your sessions better, here are some tips from Promax to help you make the most of your sweat session.
- Fuel your body the right way before and after your workout. You may not realize it, but properly fueling your body is going to help you achieve maximum results with your workout. Before working out, you want to make sure your body has enough fuel to power through the workout without causing digestive upset. After, you want to make sure that your body reaps the benefits of the workout by refueling with foods that assimilate into your body quickly.
- Change things up and stay focused. When you're working out, change your speed and intensity levels. This gives your muscles the variety they need to stimulate progress. Make sure you stay focused during your workout too, because there is a connection between the mind and the body -- staying focused on what you are doing and the areas of your body being addressed can help you achieve the best results.
- Cycle your workouts between moderate and hard effort levels. Your muscles will see the most results if you lift heavy weights for a few weeks, then go back to a lighter set of weights for one week. Variety is the spice of life, so give your muscles a break and still reap the rewards.
- Save the stretching for after you are finished. Instead of stretching before a workout, do it after you are done. Your muscles are warmed up and ready to stretch, increasing your flexibility. Stretching beforehand can actually make you a bit weaker and hinder your workout results.
- Make room for heat. Whether it's a sauna or a hot tub, if you can find the time to sit in the warmth after a workout, your body will enjoy the benefits. Different studies have demonstrated that heat exposure after a workout can increase your overall muscle mass over time. Even though the increase is a small percentage, every little bit counts, right?
- Keep your form. When working out, make sure your body form is perfect. The last thing you want to do is wind up targeting a different area of your body because your form is off. Even worse, if your form isn't right, you run the risk of injury, which will only set your workout goals back even further.
Making the most of a workout isn't hard. You can always seek the advice of a personal trainer at your gym for even more workout tips. As you work out, just keep one thing in mind -- the results may not come easily, but they will be worth every bit of effort.
For more information about fueling your body, contact us here at Promax Nutrition.
Image courtesy of pippalou @ morguefile.com