- It is so important to have realistic and practical goals. Before signing for an entire year contract at the gym, meet with a professional to discuss a strategy in order determine what are the most realistic goals to have. Once you have finalized what those goals are, establish the most sensible and safe way to achieve those goals.
- While many long-time gym members will complain about the high influx of new members during the first few weeks of the new year, they will also tell you about how the membership tapers off shortly after the beginning of the year. So, find a good gym buddy who will motivate you and whom you will motivate, and you can both be accountable for each other's goals and successes.
- Using machines such as the elliptical, treadmill, and indoor bicycle can be fun and easy workouts, but they are not going to give you the extra push you need to reach your fitness goals. Take the time to rediscover strength training. It can add a new and exciting element to your workout, and most importantly, it will help build muscle as well increase your metabolism.
- Going to the gym five times a week and cutting out all unhealthy products may help you get closer to realizing your fitness objectives, but if it is leaving you sad, tired, and burned out, then it isn't the best plan for you. Make sure that you are ending each week on a good note, and that you are still enjoying yourself while working out and eating right. A healthy balance of happiness is necessary to stay on track with your new healthy lifestyle.
- Treat yourself to a reward after achieving an accomplishment in your fitness plan. Whether that means a trip to the mall for some new clothes, a new iPhone, or a relaxing afternoon at the spa, rewards are extremely beneficial to keeping you motivated throughout your fitness journey.
- A solid fitness plan is only half the challenge in achieving a weight goal. Cutting out unhealthy foods and creating a good diet is another important component in weight loss. Alcohol, meat, sugars, and carbohydrates such as bread, rice, and pasta can all be causes of unnecessary body inflammation. Substituting these items for healthier options, such as lower carb energy bars, will help you more easily achieve your fitness objectives.
Health and Fitness Goals for the New Year
January 6, 2016