While working out and staying fit, it is important to get the protein you need. Your muscles depend on this vital nutrient to repair cells from workout and to build that critical lean body mass. So besides maximizing your protein in every meal, you carry protein bars with you for those frequent snacks.
But did you know that if you are using protein bars only for quick on-the-go snacks and post-workout pick-me-ups, you are missing out on so many opportunities to refuel while eating well. Today we're sharing ten of our favorite ways to use protein bars in our daily diet.
1. Crumble protein bars over oatmeal or cereal. Your quick bowl of fiber each morning is heavy on carbs and light on the protein until you use protein bars to fill the gap. Add some fresh berries, swirl some maple syrup or honey over the top, and add crumbled protein bar on top to start your morning right.
2. Layer chopped protein bars with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt. For the ultimate satisfying breakfast with both taste and the protein you need, alternate layers of chopped bar, berries or jam, and Greek yogurt. You'll be licking the parfait glass clean.
3. Smear with peanut butter or chocolate peanut butter. Grab your protein bar and smear peanut butter or better yet, chocolate peanut butter on it for a satisfying treat.
4. Kick up that salad with protein bar topping. A salad is an easy-out for group lunch or brown bags, but without protein you just aren't satisfied. Top your next bowl of greens with chopped protein bar and stay right on track with your diet goals.
5. Snack on bars with fine cheese. Mid-afternoon means you're ready for your tea and crumpets, er, protein bar. Make your mid-afternoon break more fulfilling with squares of sharp cheddar or goat cheese paired with your favorite protein bar.
6. Build a better trail mix. Chop up two protein bars and mix with dried fruit, chocolate chips, and shaved coconut for a delicious trail mix you will binge on. Hide it before the coworkers steal it.
7. Make a grown-up PB&J. Slice your protein bars thin vertically, and spread with nut butter and preserves. Just try not to lick your fingers in public.
8. Double dip them. Protein bars make decadent desserts, too. Dip bars in chocolate and let harden overnight for sweet late-night treats. If you can wait that long.
9. Create ice cream sandwiches to be proud of. Slice protein bars thin and spread with slightly-softened frozen yogurt or gelato. Separate each sandwich with wax paper and refreeze on baking sheets for a dessert to look forward to.
10. Bake in a cobbler. In a greased casserole dish, layer slices of apples, pears, and/or peaches. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon, ginger, and brown sugar. Top with chopped protein bars and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 375 degrees for thirty to forty-five minutes or until golden and bubbly.
If you're in need of a recipe, check out our Pinterest #MAXMunchies board for some ideas. Have Promax recipe of your own? Contact us, let us know and we'll feature it as our next Max Munchie!