Top 10 Testosterone-Boosting Wonder Foods
After hitting 30, many men begin experiencing lower testosterone production, which can lead to a variety of problems, such as increased difficulty in staying fit, reduced sex drive, and mood and memory issues. A variety of foods, including nutritionally balanced energy bars, can help men make up for their testosterone deficit by spurring production of the hormone and making it more effective.
- Asparagus – Asparagus helps fuel testosterone production by supplying the body with plenty of folic acid, potassium, and Vitamin E.
- Bananas – Not only do bananas provide a great source of energy, they also help increase testosterone levels. Bananas contain an enzyme called bromelain, which helps boost the body's level of testosterone.
- Whey – A critical component of many protein bars, including Promax Nutrition bars, whey has been found to have testosterone-boosting properties. A recent study in Finland found that older men using whey protein more efficiently used testosterone.
- Cabbage – An extremely healthy leafy green, cabbage is packed with vitamins and minerals. Cabbage also contains indole-3-carbinol, which makes testosterone more effective by reducing the level of estrogen in the body.
- Honey – Who would have ever figured something associated with Winnie the Pooh could be so manly? Honey has many health-giving properties, including a high content of boron and nitric oxide. Boron is a mineral associated with having high levels of testosterone.
- Garlic – Garlic helps testosterone do its job. Garlic contains allicin, a compound that lowers cortisol, a hormone associated with stress. The less cortisol in the body, the more effective testosterone becomes.
- Eggs – Eggs are another essential building block for testosterone production. Eggs contain saturated fat, omega-3s, protein, and vitamins needed to create testosterone.
- Almonds – Almonds, another key ingredient in select Promax bars, can help boost testosterone levels, thanks to their high zinc content. In addition to increasing testosterone, almonds have been shown to be a libido enhancer.
- Citrus – Fruits containing citrus, like oranges, can help boost testosterone production and make the hormone more effective. Citrus contains Vitamin A, which is required for testosterone generation. Citrus can also help lower cortisol and estrogen levels, making testosterone more effective.
- Spinach – Popeye was actually on to something. Spinach has properties which help to lower estrogen levels, and also contains a variety of vitamins and minerals needed to build testosterone.
- Protein bars – Specially formulated protein bars can also help men maintain healthy testosterone levels. Be sure to check out the ingredients of the bars you choose to check for testosterone-boosting components.
Doctors can easily diagnose whether patients are suffering from low testosterone levels by performing a simple blood test at their office or clinic.
Low testosterone levels can have some pretty serious physical and mental health impacts for men as they get older. Men with low t-levels often report to their doctors that they are feeling exhausted, depressed, and weaker. A loss of sex drive associated with diminished testosterone can also have a negative impact on marriages and other romantic relationships.
The good thing is that not all men experiencing a decline in testosterone have to turn to medication to address the issue. Eating the right foods and exercising can help in many cases, providing a natural solution for this issue.
Promax Nutrition gives people who want better bodies the natural protein, vitamins, and minerals they need in delicious, gluten-free, vegetarian energy and protein bars. Browse or shop online to find your favorite flavor