Every year everyone sets goals on how they are going to be healthier and more fit this year but then give or take a few weeks or maybe even a few months the diets are stopped and exercise becomes less frequent.
Wouldn't it be great if we actually stuck to those goals we set at the beginning of the year? Wouldn't it be great if we actually were more fit at the end of 2017? Well, the easiest thing to do is to start implementing healthy lifestyle choices into your daily life.
Instead of starting one of the “Fad diets” that make you go from eating everything to nothing and are simply hard to maintain, start implementing things like drinking more water every day. As you slowly integrate these things into your lifestyle you will start to become healthier and take a step at changing your lifestyle as a whole instead of just dieting.
Here are 30 tips to start becoming a healthier version of you.
- Drink more water (8 cups a day is a good place to start)
- Portion sizes. It's best to fill half your plate with veggies, meat should be the size of your fist.
- Get enough sleep.
- Increase your Exercise At least 3 but up to 4 or 5 times a week.
- Switch up your exercises (Cardio is great but mixed with weights will produce muscle faster.)
- Eat more fiber. Not only is it good for you. It will keep you full and fueled all day long.
- Cut down or eliminate processed foods
- Eat smaller meals over a few big meals a day.
- Cut down on sweets- candy bars, chocolate, chips, cookies that will cause a blood sugar imbalance.
- Cut out soda. You don't need the sugar or the extra carbs.
- Improve your posture.
- Eat more protein. It will keep you full longer and help your muscles to recover faster.
- Carry healthy snacks around with you. A Promax bar is the perfect size!
- Join a gym or go to a workout class. If you are new to working out regularly you might be at a loss of what to do. Workout classes are fun and allow you make some new friends.
- Get active. If you work a 9-5 job you probably sit a lot. Even if you work out every day, you still spend the majority of the day sitting. Try walking around every hour to keep your blood moving.
- Cut down on saturated fat.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Find a fitness buddy. When you have someone who keeps you accountable to your daily workouts it becomes harder to say no and easier to say yes.
- Curb your sweet tooth by choosing fruit or a Promax bar over sugary desserts.
- Schedule “me” time.
- Plan your meals. If you have a plan set in place and they are already made you are more likely to stick to your plan.
- Allow yourself to have cheat meals. It's good to be on a diet but it's also good to let loose sometimes.
- Don't fall apart on the weekends. Eat a healthier alternative before going to a party so you eat less there. Up your activity level to compensate for the extra calories.
- Add stretching to your daily routine. It will help prevent injury in your workouts and will help each your muscle aches.
- Workout in the morning. You get your workout out of the way and it will help you burn more calories the rest of the day.
- Have a hearty breakfast. Breakfast is still the most important meal of the day.
- Get outside.
- Use less salt.
- Do something that makes you smile. Find a stress free activity like cuddling a fury friend.
- Buy yourself a new workout outfit.